Tribute To The Best Blog In The World

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Facebook?

Those of you unaware of the technological crack house called facebook- stop reading here, you will be doing yourself a service. People measure their social status through a simple left-click, "accept Sally Facebook as a friend" "add Sally Facebook as a friend." The more friends you have, the better you feel about yourself.

Facebook is like an Internet high school lunchroom without shitty mashed potatoes.

What if someone goes to a small, private college? How will people judge them as a person and decide whether or not they are a valuable asset? They may have a smaller group of friends then say someone who went to a large school. Therefore decreasing their value as a person and member.

When I was a kid I used to collect basketball cards. The objective of collecting these cards was to collect as many cards as possible. These pieces of paper were going to pay for my college education as long as they were kept mint condition in plastic cases. Interestingly enough, I have graduated college and these same basketball cards collect dust in my attic and yield no profit.

A paradigm? Is facebook like my binder of basketball cards? Did I really just use the word "paradigm?" What does that word mean?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home